Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Carving, Trick or Treating and Dinner Eating...Halloween 2009!


Well it wouldn't be Halloween without carving pumkins!!  Lydia was more interested with making out with her pumpkin that anything else!  Gracie and Brynlee loved it and Gracie even got to do a little of the cutting (while I hyperventilated behind her!) 


Here they are with their finish pumpkins.  This was right before Lydia kicked hers off the steps and smashed it...oh well!
And of course Jake always has to show us all up with his amazing pumpkins!!  I didn't even do my own this year...how can I even compete with this...





Since we had already done our little photo shoot with the girls earlier (previous post) we didn't take many pictures on Halloween night.  The girls LOVED Trick or Treating.  There were only about 5 of 6 people home in our neighborhood so they didn't get a ton of candy...which is OK by me!!!  Lydia had a good time trying to keep up!:)


After trick or treating we came home and had dinner.  Mummy pizza, witch finger breadsticks dipped in blood, monster eyeballs, apples with carmel and orange julius...YUM!

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the girls handing out candy to all the trick or treaters.  I think they enjoyed that the most.  Every time the doorbell rang they'd say, "Oh, more customers!"  Ha Ha Jake and I laughed at it every time!  

10 comments:

Alicia Steere said...

Cute girls and oh my gosh, Jake is amazing at carving pumpkins!!! I am blown away!

MegRich said...

Your girls are so darling. And I can't believe Jake's pumpkin carvings! That is crazy! Your dinner was so creative. I might have to steal your ideas next year!

mtduckgirl said...

Holy Cow amazing pumpkins by Jake! What else can he carve?? Your girls are adorable.

Cindy Spratling said...

Jake like needs to be on Oprah or something for his pumpkin carving skills. Not that I like Oprah, but you know what I mean. And you are so cute with your creative dinner. I need to try harder at things like that. And I can't believe Lydia is walking! Crazy!

krista said...

Jake, you're the man, your pumpkins ROCK!!! Cute fun dinner Kenna I bet the girls had a fantastic Halloween:)

April said...

Kenna! Your girls are growing up so fast! I can't believe it! They look adorable in their costumes! And the photos of them are amazing! So fun! jake is getting really good at those pumpkins! Miss ya! hope you are all doing well!

Derrik and Claire said...

I totally agree with Cindy on the Oprah thing. They would be like, welcome the family with the cutest costumes, the most amazing pumpkins, and the scariest halloween dinner!

Marlayna Wiley said...

You are the best mom ever!!!

karajason said...

WOW! I think you guys had the cutest halloween of anyone I have ever seen. Cutest girls, costumes, pumpkins (AMAZING), and meal. Way to go! Can't wait to see you at Christmas.

Peggy Merrell said...

Darling girls, Krista! Love the 3 little witches! You're doing a great job with your family!