Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
So its my turn to tell you random things about me.
1) When I was six weeks old I had a hernia and had to go under the knife. I stayed over night in the hospital and had a woman roommate. Hope Kenna doesn't know about her?
2) I worked with a Funeral Director (mortition) for four years during my high school years. I did yard work, washed and waxed cars, yes even the hearst. Had the opportunity to take bodies to Casper Wyoming for Cremation. Good times!
3) My sophomore year in high school I went duck hunting with a friend every chance we got. While hunting we would shoot stray cats because they eat ducks and pheasants. One day I shot a cat that wasn't a stray as I found out around Christmas time. His name was Floppy Bob and the owner wanted to meet me but better then that he wanted me to crawl under a rock and stay their permanently. So needless to say my Wrestling Coach heard this story and my nickname became Floppy Bob.
4) I am a perfectionist and at times it scares and frustrates me. It helps out at work but I have to know when good is good.
5) I've never broken a bone in my body. I guess I'm no stunt double!
6) Kenna Bought me a watch on our wedding day and at first glance I didn't like at all. But after all these years it's my Favorite present she has ever bought me. I Love You Kenna!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. I have really enjoyed catching up with all of you on your blogs and look forward to more to come. Now its my turn to tag Scott W., Seth P., Chase P., Jason M., Dad B., Dad S., and Jason J.
Posted by Kenna at 8:36 PM
Well it is that time of year once again to gather addresses for Christmas cards and such. It seems my address book is never updated with everyone (including ourselves) moving around so much! So I'm asking for your help! I would greatly appreciate if you could email your addresses to me at email@example.com. Thanks so Much!!
Posted by Kenna at 7:42 AM
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Posted by Kenna at 3:15 PM
Friday, November 16, 2007
I'm dedicating this post to all my RC 305 roomies! A couple of weekends ago I had a chance to meet a couple of high school friends in Rexburg for a little reunion and we had a blast! Since I was in Rexburg couldn't resist going to see good ol' Royal Crest. Upon pulling into the parking lot and seeing our old apartment a flood of memories came back. Late night dance parties, double bubble chewing contests, secret food stealers, bad milk, boyfriends and fiances, and Lots and Lots of good times and laughing! It was seriously one of the best years of my life... Thanks for all the Great memories girls!!! Let's have a reunion!
Posted by Kenna at 1:42 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
We were very grateful when we got married that my parents had just remodeled their house, because that meant we got all their old furniture! Therefore we haven't had to buy any of our own furniture... until now. The couches we got from my parents have been good to us, but they were starting to get pretty worn and when Gracie decided to tear a hole in one of them we decided it was time. We found a great place in Provo that sells scratch and dent furniture and found these couches there for and unbelieveable price that we just couldn't pass up! The only thing wrong was a little 2 in. scratch on the wood of the sofa, which with a little stain you can't tell at all! While they are a little more "formal" than what I had envisioned, we just couldn't pass up such a good deal! What do you think!?!
Posted by Kenna at 10:48 AM
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
We had a fun Halloween this year. It was the first year Gracie really got into it. It only took one house giving her candy for her to catch on and run from house to house saying "tick or tweet" I think that it was one of the best nights of her life! Brynlee on the other hand still could care less, but she really enjoyed wearing her fairy costume, Thanks Grandma Smith!
Posted by Kenna at 9:19 PM
Posted by Kenna at 8:54 PM
Monday, October 29, 2007
I guess I'm "it"! I get to share 6 quirky, interesting, uninteresting, weird, silly, or whatever you want to call them, things about myself. So here I go!
1. I'm a complete scaredy cat. I HATE scary movies or scary movie previews for that matter! I can't even watch Law and Order without being paranoid the next day that something bad is going to happen to me. When I was younger I would pretend that I was sick and make my mom or dad come pick me up if anyone started telling ghost stories. I guess I just have a Wild imagination!
2. When I was 12 I had eye surgery to correct a problem... however it created another problem, when ever I look to the side I see double!
3. Like Krista, I'm a crier. All I have to do is see someone else crying and it gets me going. I also "cry" when I laugh and I don't even have to be laughing hard, and also when the sun in bright... I guess I must have overproductive tear ducts!:)
4. In high school I went on a 30 mile backpacking trip with all of the scouts in our ward. My dad was the bishop at the time so he was there to supervise. Looking back on it I bet all those boys were probably annoyed that I was there. I had fun though and I'd like to do it again, this time with Jake.
5. I absolutely hate raw onions or mustard.
6. I tied for 3rd place with my little sister Claire in the "Santaquin Orchard Days" 5K race this summer. We even got a medal to share (Claire let me keep it though!) it is the only medal I ever won in my entire life!:)
Well there you go I hope you enjoyed it:) Now I'm tagging Chloe, Camille, Mom, April S, Cindy C., and Jake S:) Have Fun!!
Posted by Kenna at 9:36 AM
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Gracie has been very excited about "punkins" lately. Every time she see one she yells "Punkins, Yeah Punkins" and claps her hands. So we were very excited to take her to the local pumpkin patch and couldn't wait to see her reaction to all the many pumpkins to choose from. Unfortunately everyone in Santaquin and the surrounding areas decided to go the same night we did so we had to wait in line for almost an hour for the hay ride to take us out to the patch. So by the time we got the pumpkin patch it was about 30 degrees colder and so dark we couldn't see any of the pumpkins! Gracie and Brynlee were freezing cold, Gracie kept falling down into the mud because she couldn't see anything, Brynlee's shoe kept falling off sending Jake into an immediate search and rescue shoe mission in the dark, and in the middle of it all my shoe broke which make it very difficult to scale the uneven muddy ground! Needless to say it was not the trip I had envisioned! However, amazingly enough we all came out smiling and already making plans for how we will do it next year!
Brynlee bit into those Sixlets right then and there and was furious we I tried to get the plastic off for her! YUM YUM
Posted by Kenna at 10:32 AM
Monday, October 8, 2007
Today I was playing with Brynlee and realized I hadn't seen Gracie for a while. So of course I went a lookin' and this is what I found...I've never seen her take her pants or her diaper off before so I was kinda shocked!
I decided to go with it! I thought that this was a sure sign that she was ready for the potty. We continued to get on the potty about every 20 min. (each time at her request) and yet nothing ever came of it! So now my dilemma is do I continue with the potty training while she is excited about it and take the chance we could be doing this for awhile or wait until she is really really ready! It sure would be nice not to have 2 in diapers!!
Posted by Kenna at 9:23 PM
Sunday, October 7, 2007
This is a post especially for Grandma and Grandpa! Here are a few pictures of the girls since we've been in Utah. We miss and Love you very much!!
After having baths one night we hear a "thud" in the bathroom and ran to see what had happened... this is what we found, Gracie fully clothed playing in the water!
Brynlee playing with some bubbles dad gave her while he was washing dishes. Apparently they taste good!
Saturday morning cartoons in Mom and Dad's bed. I think Gracie has inherited the "Bennion do":)
Going for a bike Ride
We thought Gracie was playing with some toys in her room until she came down the hall looking like this. For some reason she didn't feel pants were necessary but my shoes were a must!
Brynlee loves bubble baths!
Finding and throwing rocks
We went to the labor day luau at Thanksgiving point, the girls thought it was all pretty neat!
Posted by Kenna at 1:32 PM
Posted by Kenna at 1:28 PM
Sunday, September 30, 2007
I don't consider myself "trendy" and I'm feeling like it is becoming more and more difficult to even keep up with the styles. So I was felt pretty proud of myself for getting bangs! A small change for most but a big deal for me... and I'm glad I did it!!
Posted by Kenna at 7:46 PM
I've come to appreciate the internet more than ever. We recently moved away from friends and family in Montana and started a new chapter in life here is Utah. Staying in touch with everyone via the internet has certainly made the transition much easier! So I'm now entering the world of blogging in hopes to stay in touch, wish me luck!!
Posted by Kenna at 7:39 PM