Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Pinkalicious Birthday for Gracie

I can't believe it but my little Gracie turned 5 yesterday May 17th! 5 seems like one of those landmark birthdays to me. 5 is a real kid. Officially out of toddlerhood, starting school, and into the big girls section at the store (don't love that!). I can remember when she was a baby thinking that this day would never come... but it did and way too fast!!

We celebrated her Birthday with a Pinkalicious party. It's odd to think that you may not have ever heard of the book Pinkalicious since it is read not less that 3 times a day in this household. If you have a little girl its a must read, so check it out! Gracie invited 4 friends over to decorated crowns and wands, play the typical birthday games with a Pinkalicious twist (cupcake, cupcake, yum instead of duck, duck, goose, pin the heart on the necklace instead of pin the tail on the donkey), read Pinkalicious and decorated cupcakes. It was a lot of fun.
Pinkalicious Decor
Not one of those balloons survived the entire party, I swear the wasps were popping them!
We started with 12, there were only 6 by the time the party started!







Silly Faces
Love this action shot, it was an intense game!

Later that night when Jake got home we gave her our present, a scooter. She loved it, can you tell?

After a Wonderful (ha, ha) McDonalds dinner (Gracie's choice) we came home and enjoyed some Pinkalicious Cake
We are so grateful to have Gracie as part of our family. She is such a joy and a blessing to us. In honor of her 5th birthday, here are 5 things about Gracie:
1. She is a go with the flow kind of girl. I love this about her. It makes my life so much easier!
2. She still loves to hum and now has started singing quite a bit. She never knows the words, but that doesn't stop her from belting out a song anytime, anywhere! I've had to stop her couple of times in sacrament meeting even. Her favorite song to belt out lately is "All the Single Ladies" the chipettes version of course.
3. She has a very tender heart. If she happens to catch anything even a little violent on TV or somewhere she is instantly concerned and leaves as quickly as possible.
4. She hates Funder (thunder). There is nothing Fun about Funder! I've bonded with her in this aspect. I was extremely afraid of thunder when I was little, so I never turn her away during a storm!
5. She can handle her big wheel bike like nobodies business! She has a sparkly pink princess bike but she prefers the radio flyer big wheel. Her favorite trick is to go as fast as she can then turn so sharp that she skids around in a circle. It's pretty funny to watch.
Happy Birthday Gracie, We Love You!!

5 comments:

The Bennions said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!! What a sweet girl you are! It looked like a very fun time was had by all!! Wish grandpa and I could have come! I remember your mama jumping into bed with us when she was your age if any "funder" was happening! You are a blessing to our family------and Kenna you outdid yourself!!! How Fun !! Love you all! Gr. Bennion

Ashley Wray said...

What a fun birthday party, Kenna you are amazing! What a darling little girl you have, she looks just like a Bennion! What a sweetheart!

MegRich said...

So cute! What a fun birthday party- so girlie! I swear- Gracie is all Kenna. She looks just like you!

Derrik and Claire said...

Happy Birthday Gracie!! I remember holding her right after she was born, and I can't believe that was five years ago! I bet she had the funnest time at the party, it looked so pinkalicious!! I love her personality.. I agree she looks so much like you Kenna.. mm I just love all your kids, and I wanna squeeze and kiss all of them after seeing this post!!

Natalee said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! I love that you and Keric have the same birthday! :)

Kenna that party was SO dang cute! You are quite the party planner! I can't help thinking how a pinkalicious party would have been just a LITTLE more up my ally than a Sponge Bob party. :)