I can't believe it but my little Gracie turned 5 yesterday May 17th! 5 seems like one of those landmark birthdays to me. 5 is a real kid. Officially out of toddlerhood, starting school, and into the big girls section at the store (don't love that!). I can remember when she was a baby thinking that this day would never come... but it did and way too fast!!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
We celebrated her Birthday with a Pinkalicious party. It's odd to think that you may not have ever heard of the book Pinkalicious since it is read not less that 3 times a day in this household. If you have a little girl its a must read, so check it out! Gracie invited 4 friends over to decorated crowns and wands, play the typical birthday games with a Pinkalicious twist (cupcake, cupcake, yum instead of duck, duck, goose, pin the heart on the necklace instead of pin the tail on the donkey), read Pinkalicious and decorated cupcakes. It was a lot of fun.
Not one of those balloons survived the entire party, I swear the wasps were popping them!
We started with 12, there were only 6 by the time the party started!
Love this action shot, it was an intense game!
Later that night when Jake got home we gave her our present, a scooter. She loved it, can you tell?
After a Wonderful (ha, ha) McDonalds dinner (Gracie's choice) we came home and enjoyed some Pinkalicious CakeWe are so grateful to have Gracie as part of our family. She is such a joy and a blessing to us. In honor of her 5th birthday, here are 5 things about Gracie:
1. She is a go with the flow kind of girl. I love this about her. It makes my life so much easier!
2. She still loves to hum and now has started singing quite a bit. She never knows the words, but that doesn't stop her from belting out a song anytime, anywhere! I've had to stop her couple of times in sacrament meeting even. Her favorite song to belt out lately is "All the Single Ladies" the chipettes version of course.
3. She has a very tender heart. If she happens to catch anything even a little violent on TV or somewhere she is instantly concerned and leaves as quickly as possible.
4. She hates Funder (thunder). There is nothing Fun about Funder! I've bonded with her in this aspect. I was extremely afraid of thunder when I was little, so I never turn her away during a storm!
5. She can handle her big wheel bike like nobodies business! She has a sparkly pink princess bike but she prefers the radio flyer big wheel. Her favorite trick is to go as fast as she can then turn so sharp that she skids around in a circle. It's pretty funny to watch.
Happy Birthday Gracie, We Love You!!
Posted by Kenna at 4:33 PM