Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Gracie Girl!

I can't believe Gracie is 4 years old! Her birthday was Sunday so on Saturday we had a little (very little, as in invite one friend...thanks Riley for coming!) party for her. We have some friends who have horses so we took her over there to ride them. Both Gracie and Brynlee LOVE horses but I honestly thought they would be scared to get on them when they saw how big they were...boy was I wrong! They both couldn't get enough of the horses. Brynlee kept telling Jake she wanted to go faster so he finally let the horse run...again I thought for sure she would hate that and would be done riding forever. Wrong again, I believe her response after running with the horse was "Go faster... I want to do it by myself!" Gracie didn't mind going fast either...looks like I've got a couple cowgirls on my hands! Thanks Sorensens for letting have our own personal pony rides!



I don't know when I'm going to remember that the last picture becomes your first when you upload pictures on here...so the pictures are a little out of order.
Here is Gracie on her actual birthday Sunday morning.

A new "big girl" princess bike and equally exciting...
her very own "puter" (Thanks G'ma and G'pa Bennion!)
Gracie requested a pink pony cake...the little girl who came to her party asked if it was a mouse...sadly I had to agree with her, it looked more like a mouse or a poodle than a pony, oops!
I made these pony ears and tails for them and it was funny to watch them run around with them on. Brynlee hasn't taken her tail off since and shakes it for you anytime you ask.

Here are a few things I want to remember about Gracie:
*Besides horses she loves cars, trucks and tractors
*She often asks to play "puter games on PDS kids" (computer games on PBS kids)
*when we play outside she always finds a patch of dirt or a pile of rocks to dig in...even when there are swings and trampolines around
*She has a very kind heart, I've never seen her hit anyone and she always wants everyone around her to be happy never crying
*She's a great hummer...she only has to her a song once or twice before she's able to hum it without missing a note
*She likes to Clap...not like after seeing a performance or anything, just at random moments she enjoys inserting a clap. I don't think she even knows she is doing it...it's just a part of her
*She is very easy to please and takes joy in the simple pleasures of life...the other day I told her if she took a nap she could eat some pretzles outside to which she replied (after a clap of course) in the most thrilled tone " Oh Wow Mom, Thanks!"
Happy Birthday Gracie Girl We Love You!

5 comments:

MegRich said...

Aww. What a sweet girl. Happy Birthday big girl Gracie! I love the pony ears and tails- so fun! What a creative mom you are.

Natalee said...

How did I not know that Gracie and Keric share a birthday?!? How fun! I will remember next year. :)
Looks like you had a great time! I love the Horsie outfits.

Cindy Spratling said...

Wow... real horse rides, how fun. And look how cute you are with the whole horse theme. Always so creative! Happy Birthday Grace!

Bryce and Jamie said...

Kena, you're so creative!! I love the cake! And the fact that you made them little tails and ears!! You're girls are so stinkin cute!! Happy Birthday Gracie!

Bryce and Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.